Frequently Asked Questions
What is EurocodeApplied.com?
EurocodeApplied.com is a free online service that civil engineers can use to perform structural design calculations according to the latest Eurocodes.
A set of calculation tools is provided that correspond to application of particular sections of the structural Eurocodes (EN1990 to EN1999) and the corresponding EuroNorms (ENs).
Currently EurocodeApplied.com is active development stage.
This means that new content is added frequently and user feedback is desirable in order to improve our service.
How do I use EurocodeApplied.com?
Navigate through all the available calculations by using one of the several navigation options (eurocode shortcut buttons, the "Design" drop-down menu or the "search" box).
Calculations follow a common format:
- Input data are provided in input boxes. The provided values are verified instantly and input errors are indicated.
- Nationally Defined Parameters are automatically filled in for the set of supported countries. Select a supported country from the NDP drop-down box.
- Calculations are executed by pressing the Calculate button and the output results are updated.
- The output results include a summary of the calculated quantities as well as detailed intermediate calculations with reference to the corresponding clauses of Eurocodes
- Interactive output is provided when relevant which includes figures, charts and tables.
- Save/load functionality is available. You can save a particular calculation input for future re-use.
- Printer friendly output is provided. You may include the printout in your professional reports.
Is this service also free for professional use?
Yes, its also free for professional use.
You may want to include the printout of the calculations in your design reports.
Please note that the service is provided "as is", without any explicit or implicit warranties.
Only qualified civil engineers may use the information presented in this website for real life projects.
Moreover you should always verify the results.
More information is included in our Terms of Service.
Are the results accurate?
The team of EurocodeApplied.com spends considerable effort in verifying that the results are accurate even for professional use.
The verification procedure includes automatic computer testing (unit tests) that are performed regularly and for every website update.
As part of the quality assurance procedure the results of the verification tests are compared against independent results published in the literature (engineering books, well-known computer programs, other websites etc).
The results of the tests are published in our Quality Assurance & Verification sheet.
However despite all our efforts we cannot exclude the possibility that an error exists.
The results of the calculations should always be verified for accuracy and correctness by a qualified engineer.
I have spotted an error in the calculations or an incorrect Nationally Defined Parameter (NDP)
Although the EurocodeApplied team spends significant effort to ensure that the provided information is accurate, we cannot exclude the possibility that an error exists.
If you have spotted an error in the calculations or an incorrect Nationally Defined Parameter (NDP) please inform us using our Contact Form.
Please note that the engineering design procedure always involves making assumptions and simplifications in order to solve the problem.
These assumptions and simplifications are clearly stated in the detailed calculation output to allow you to judge their applicability.
You may disagree with some of these assumptions. Please tell us your opinion using our Contact Form.
My country's national annex is not included in the NDP drop-down selection!
Currently the automatic fill-in of Nationally Defined Parameters is supported for a few countries.
Apart from CEN default values the National Annexes of the following countries are supported:
Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Greece, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden.
In the title-block of each calculation a description of the supported National Annexes is provided.
More countries may be included in the future based on the availability of the corresponding National Annexes.
Maintaining a database of Nationally Defined Parameters for so many countries and so many languages is a difficult job and also involves significant cost.
- For many of the NDPs the National Annexes just accept the recommended values. These values are always available as "CEN Default"
- You can manually fill in the values of the NDPs for countries that are currently unsupported
Always verify the validity of the Nationally Defined Parameters by consulting your National Annexes.
I have more questions
If you have any questions not answered here, please use our Contact Form to make a relevant query.